Turner Tantrums

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

HOG HEAVEN

My families pet pig of 11 years passed away tonight. Her name was Wilbur, and she was the best pet. I drove out to Manor to purchase her for $25 after my brother Adam hurt himself in a bicycle accident. She squealed the whole ride home. She could fit into the palm of your hand when we first got her. She slept with my brother for about a year. He would get a rash on his cheeks from her coarse hair. She was pretty much potty-trained from the day we brought her home. She lived in the house, until she got too big for her litter box. She would still get in, but her tush would hang out, and then she would end up going on my bedroom floor. When I lived at home during college, she would push open my bedroom door every morning and come inside to get her breakfast. She was my morning alarm clock. She had black hair in the mo hawk fashion, and she probably weighed about 3-400 pounds when she passed. However, she weighed more a few years ago. She was the best "watch pig", she could chew gum, and she never ran out into the road. You could purchase a 50 pound bag of "weight loss" pig food at the store for $5, and it would last her a few months. However, she would eat all of your leftovers, and she loved watermelon. Perhaps, one day I can talk Kevin into getting us a pet pig. We'll miss you, Wilbur.

No comments: