Turner Tantrums

Saturday, July 17, 2010

Exercise Benefits Bunco

My Mom
Part of the Buffet

A quick workout after dinner
The Beautiful Bunco Babes

In June, my mom hosted Bunco at my house. This year, my Bunco group has picked a charity to sponsor each month instead of using the monthly $5 contribution for prizes. We also each pitch in a little more, depending on the needs of the charity. My mom decided to focus on benefiting others through exercise, so she used donations to purchase a CD player for her "Senior Circle" ladies to exercise to and to sponsor underprivileged children doing youth sports at the local YMCA. My mom and her friends love working out at the Senior Circle, and my son Hayden has benefited tremendously from his participation in sports at the YMCA, so I know both gifts are going to good causes. Both groups were very grateful for our donations, too. We've had so much fun doing Benefit Buncos this year!!

No comments: