Turner Tantrums

Sunday, December 5, 2010

Rowan's 3rd Birthday















































Rowan turned 3 on Nov 1st. I was debating whether or not to throw him a party with the new baby, but I figured he deserved one, anyhow. We did a sports-themed party. My mom made a football cake and field (Alora helped iced it). We had a pinata, team, sports-related activities outside, and an award ceremony inside to "We Are The Champions." I made these Sugar Cookie #1 medals for the kids to wear/eat. Rowan was spoiled with gifts, and we all enjoyed the yummy cake. Rowan decided to wear his spiderman costume instead of his soccer uniform. Rowan weighs 53 lb (recently gained tons of weight after his tonsellectomy/adenoidectomy/ear tubes and being on steroids for his asthma/allergies/cough). He just potty-trained himself last week (the day after Thanksgiving), and is such a joy to our family. He has the sweetest persoanlity of anyone I've meant. He constantly wants to laugh and have a good time. He is super independent and social-not shy at all. Two days ago, we went to Inflatable Wonderland, and I found him sitting down at a stranger's birthday party, taking pics, and waiting to enjoy cake and ice cream. Of course, he also had about 6 inches of his bum crack showing, with his new husky pants and no diaper. I about died laughing. Rowan was upset that I took him away from the party, and he keeps reminding me that he didn't get to have any cake or ice cream. I absolutely love that boy, and I'm so lucky to get to be his momma.

No comments: