Turner Tantrums

Friday, November 7, 2008

Rowan's 1st Birthday (November 1st, 2008)











I can't believe it, but my baby is one! Time flies when you're madly in love. Rowan was big from the start-10 lb. 10 oz, and he is about 30 lb., 32 in. currently. I remember when he was born (I never even pushed, and I didn't feel a thing-the nurse had to lean me backwards to keep Rowan from being born), my sister Heidi and my mom were in the room (and Kevin, of course-but he was sort of near-fainting on the couch). I waited to hear him cry, but the room was silent, and then my doctor was asking for the NICU nurses. I couldn't see what was going on (being leaned back and all), but Heidi said not to worry that everything was fine (thanks, Heidi). Chaos ensued as people rushed in the room, it felt like an eternity, but he finally let out a small cry. It sounded like he was trying really hard to let everyone know he was OK, but he couldn't get much sound out. It's a year later, and he's still the same way. He's my lover. He loves to be happy, and he rarely cries. He laughs, smiles, and giggles every chance he gets. He adores Hayden, and he has always loved to nurse, and eat, in general. He started crawling at 6 months, going on the potty chair at 8, walking at 10, and he can say a few words, Gargoyle of which is his favorite. He still hasn't mastered Mama, but he is definitely a Mama's boy. He can say it when he needs to, though. He is the best-natured child I have ever met, and I can't wait to see how he spreads his love as he grows older. When he's not sitting in the fridge, you can find him blowing farts on Hayden, taking dirt out of the plants, playing with cars or dinosaurs, taking food out of the trash, trying to sit on balls, laughing whenever he hears anyone else laughing, playing in the sandbox, saying dadadada while pointing to Kevin, or dancing to music. But rarely, will you hear him cry. Thank goodness for Rowan. Rowan, we love you!!!!

No comments: