Turner Tantrums

Friday, November 7, 2008

Rowie Olympics


Getting ready to sing Happy Birthday and eat the yummy cake...

Birthday Bum



Olympian Nathan




Baby Ella



Courtney won the Volleyball competition.




Billy won the Yo-Yo competition.




We are the Champions, my friends... (my dad above (Paddle-ball), and Jill below (Ring-toss))





Hayden & Nathan swimming for prizes



Hayden & Nathan playing on the swing set (notice Rowan's new sandbox to the left)



Irene, Heidi, Courtney, & Craig



Brielle (Molly's sister) & Dan (parents to Nathan & Ella) in the parade

My sister Heidi & Rowan



My sister Alora and Rowan


My sister Heather & Billy



My brother Chad & Molly



Kevin's mom & dad



My mom and dad



Birthday Boy in his Birthday Suit


For Rowan's Birthday party, I decided to have it olympic-themed (he's turning 1, the Olympics were this year, etc.). We ate Chinese food (Beijing Olympics), and I had http://www.bemycupcake.com/ make the most delicious cake with chocolate, cream-cheese frosting. I'm addicted to them. We had torch trophies and engraved metals (Rowan's 1st Birthday), made-up national anthems for the different teams (Ice Ice Baby, and Can't Touch This, to name a few), we did the Olympic parade, and we had Yo-Yoing, Volley-Ball, Ring-Toss, Paddle-ball, and Swimming as some of the events. Nathan, Ella, Hayden, & Rowan were the only kids there by age, but the rest of us were kids by heart. Every first birthday party should end with a sink bath after eating some birthday cake. This party was no exception (objects in picture are larger than they appear). Rowan was spoiled rotten by everybody. Apparently, I'm not the only one who is completely in love with him...

1 comment:

Dan and Merideth said...

(objects in picture are larger than they appear)

Uh huh! I know what your talking about... im no fool!